Installing Drivers

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Phaeorith, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Phaeorith

Phaeorith

My ex husband thought it would be really funny to install linux on my computer before giving it back to me after we split up. So I tried linux for a little bit and found that I just dont' know enough about programming to use it without..you know... typing an extra ' into line 86 and making it so my computer just decides to never turn on again until I find the secret password that stopps it from being all "qq more pheorith!"

So I installed windows..without reformatting, and everything went well... until I went to get on the internet. Then it told me it couldn't find the server (I use a wired cable internet that should just work as soon as you plug it in since I'm already registered) so i went into control pannel, network connections and found I had no local area network. So then I went into see my programs and saw that my ethernet something (i can get the correct name for you it's just i'm obviously not on my computer right now) had a bright yellow question mark next to it... so I searched for the install on my windows disk and on my C:/ drive and it said the software wasn't there... and I had to install the drivers. My ex husband has magically misplaced the disk... what do I need to do to fix it?

Sorry, computers arent my thing but if someone tells me step by step in "omg you teach preschool" tearms I'll be able to get it.

Phaeorith, Jun 27, 2007
Ask a Question