    AMD's have chipsets that need to be installed or is that only for Intel?

    If anyone can give me the exact order I would appreciate it.

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    DougH Guest

    and that the very

    Yes, the first thing to install would be the chipset drivers. I forgot to
    install chipset drivers once and didn't understand why I was getting disk
    drive access errors. My Abit motherboard was picky that way. After that
    would be your video drivers. The rest would be pretty much up to you.

    DougH

    DougH, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    Ben Pope Guest

    Agreed.

    Apparently there is a processor update too.

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

    I would probably do that after the chipset drivers. Or if you're paranoid,
    before.

    The chipset drivers will obviously be specific to the chipset manufacturer:
    nVidia: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
    VIA: http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=300
    SiS: http://download.sis.com/

    You might find that they don't support the mobile versions, in which case,
    you'll have to see your laptop vendors site.

    If your graphics is ATI, Omega provide some nice up to date drivers that
    support the mobile versions.

    You should also see:
    alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

    Ben