Installing New Motherboard - Question...

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by willriker, Oct 23, 2010.

  1. willriker

    willriker

    Well, now that my confidence has been shaken I want to see what advice the experts here on the forum can offer me so hopefully I do not repeat any previous mistakes.

    My brand new Asus Rampage III Extreme motherboard was confirmed fried this morning so I have replaced it with a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard and purchased a 1000W power supply to replace the Cool Master 600W PSU.

    I am getting ready to install the Gigabyte motherboard in my Antec 9-Hundred Two tower case and want to verify a couple of things -

    1. I can mount the motherboard directly onto the little brass posts in the case that support the motherboard without any plastic or silicon insulators.
    2. I only need to plug in the 24-pin ATX 12-V power supply plug to the motherboard. The other 8-pin power supply pin near the CPU does not get a power plug-in.

    Seems stupid to ask I know but, I want to be sure this time.

    Thanks for your time.

    willriker, Oct 23, 2010