    replace the card since I just bought the system last october and paid $2000
    for it? I think they are since I am still paying for it today with my dell
    direct account.

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005

  2. michael e dziatkowicz

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    This is the funniest post I've read today, and just what I needed after a very long week.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Nov 5, 2005

  3. michael e dziatkowicz

    Ghostrider Guest

    Microsoft Vista, a.k.a., Longhorn? If so, LOL. Vista has
    just started beta testing. Be happy that Dell doen's yank
    the warranty.

    Ghostrider, Nov 5, 2005
  4. why is it funny? Dell has to provide me with a card that works with vista or
    i can sue them for breach of contract since I bought a 4 year warranty.

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005
  5. why is it funny? Dell has to provide me with a card that works with vista or
    i can sue them for breach of contract since I bought a 4 year warranty

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005
  6. michael e dziatkowicz

    WSZsr Guest

    What have you been smokin'?

    WSZsr, Nov 5, 2005
  7. nothing just i will sue them for breach of contract and then refuse to pay
    the rest of my bill.

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005
  8. With questions like that, M$ might start charging a monthly license user fee
    instead of charging retail prices.. You need a 128 MB videocard. You could get
    one for $50-$90 online. Does your Dell say "Vista Ready (or Compatible) on the
    side of the cabinet? If you have XP Home, that expires at the end of next
    year....certainly less than 4 years from a month ago. Dell is the OEM supplier
    of your OS. So fire up the class action lawsuit...(and wonder if the next
    Poltergeist movie ever gets made because of a takeover between two film studio
    conglomerates).

    I've got to predict that the lifecycle for XP Home will be extended two more
    years, possibly 3...look what happened with Win 98SE and Win ME. Vista may not
    even be on the market by the end of next year!

    Cymbal Man Freq., Nov 5, 2005
  9. i have media center 2003. It doesn't say vista ready because i bought it in
    2004.

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005
  10. michael e dziatkowicz

    Bob Levine Guest

    Then what in the world makes you think Dell should support this? Get real.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Nov 5, 2005
  11. they should support it because im still paying for it. To put it simply, if
    they wont support it then i will quit paying and hire a lawyer. My warranty
    guarantees hardware and software support for 4 years. I could see if my
    computer was 2 or 3 years old but the thing is barely a year old and its
    already obsolete. My lawyer told me he is chomping at the bit when i talked
    to him earlier.

    michael e dziatkowicz, Nov 5, 2005
  12. michael e dziatkowicz

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    "My lawyer told me he is chomping at the bit when i talked to him earlier."

    This keeps getting better.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Nov 5, 2005
  13. michael e dziatkowicz

    Kevin Guest

    Then your lawyer is an ambulance chasing shyster. You are not entitled to a
    new video card. The support that is referred to in your contract does not
    cover the replacement of your software or hardware because of technical
    innovation. If this were so, everyone who purchased such a contract could,
    after six months, demand a new hard drive, or a new DVD burner, or a new
    sound card because the original equipment was now outdated. They could
    continue to do this for the duration of their contract. If you actually
    believe Dell is going to do what you suggest you are either incredibly
    stupid or incredibly naive.

    I'll bet Dell's lawyers are better than your lawyer.

    Kevin, Nov 5, 2005
  14. How does the computer perform with the operating system originally supplied?
    As far as operating systems, that is all that matters and all your warranty
    covers.
    Vista is not yet released and probably will not be for about another year.
    Dell has absolutely no obligation so support anything other than original
    configuration and especially not an OS that will not be available for a
    year.
    Even when Vista is released, Dell will have no obligation to support Vista
    on your then aging two year old computer.
    Software support does not mean any operating system, only the original OS.

    Vista is still an Beta and will be until shortly before release next year.
    Beta means expect NO support from anyone.
    Be prepared to lose all data and reload at your time and expense.
    Etc.
    If the above does not suit you, you should not be installing Beta anything.

    Microsoft has a few forums for people using Vista, visit the appropriate
    forum based on your original source for Vista.
    What is your source for Vista?

    Jupiter Jones, Nov 5, 2005
  15. I thought those Restore Disks sucked. Yes, Jupiter is most likely right, dammit.

    Cymbal Man Freq., Nov 5, 2005
  16. michael e dziatkowicz

    Colin Wilson Guest

    they should support it because im still paying for it.

    Hey, i`ll try that argument with the place I bought my Hyundai -

    "I want a replacement because it doesn't work with Ford parts"

    Colin Wilson, Nov 5, 2005
  17. michael e dziatkowicz

    woody Guest

    More likely, Dell should void your warranty for installing unsupported beta
    software on your computer. Good luck with your lawsuit just the same.
    Idiot!

    Woody

    woody, Nov 5, 2005
  18. michael e dziatkowicz

    WSZsr Guest

    When did Dell ship a computer with an "All-in Wonder" video card?

    WSZsr, Nov 5, 2005
  19. michael e dziatkowicz

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Now you *really* are funny!!!! You expect a computer vendor to guarantee
    that the hardware will work for any software released in the next 4
    years???? Plus you are complaining about a "technology release" of an OS??
    It's not even in beta yet!!!

    Please tape the conversation when you call an attorney.... It should be

    Hank Arnold, Nov 5, 2005
  20. michael e dziatkowicz

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Be sure to get sent to a prison that has internet... We need a good chuckle
    every now and then....

    Hank Arnold, Nov 5, 2005