    Hank Arnold Guest

    Thanks for the entertainment... You really are hilarious................

    PLONK!

    Hank Arnold, Nov 5, 2005

  2. michael e dziatkowicz

    Tom Scales Guest

    Are you really an idiot, or just trying to appear to be one.

    A warranty does not guarantee anything other than the machine will work WITH
    THE SOFTWARE IT CAME WITH.

    In fact, if you have problems, they will require you to restore the original
    configuration before they will even support you.

    This was hilarious. Made me laugh.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Nov 5, 2005

  3. michael e dziatkowicz

    Tom Scales Guest

    Than you just answered your own question!

    Tom Scales, Nov 5, 2005
  4. michael e dziatkowicz

    Tom Scales Guest

    Now that Lexus has released a hybrid version of their RX SUV, does that mean
    all the purchasers of the gas model get to return them for the new model?
    They are under warranty.

    :)

    Tom Scales, Nov 5, 2005
  5. michael e dziatkowicz

    Bob Levine Guest

    It is painfully clear at this point that you should return the computer.
    You're simply way too stupid to own one.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Nov 5, 2005
  6. michael e dziatkowicz

    John and Pat Guest

    This was and is one of the most entertaining posts I have read in ages.
    Please don't scare him away as I am sure there is way more to come and I
    need the humour with the OT hours I have been putting in lately. You can't
    make this stuff up...well maybe you could but not with so much conviction.
    Tom, your reply and the others are worth saving..I have to make sure I get
    this thread saved to disc.

    Regards,
    John O.

    John and Pat, Nov 5, 2005
  7. Nice try, but you'll find that the warranty and hardware/software
    support only apply to the system configuration as it shipped from the
    factory.

    Refusing to pay any more for it will put you into collections and ruin
    your credit rating, which you really don't want to do, even if you are
    independently weathly and plan on paying cash for everything for the
    rest of your life. You won't be able to (for instance) sign up for
    broadband service when you get your own place to live.

    William P.N. Smith, Nov 5, 2005
  8. michael e dziatkowicz

    Leythos Guest

    Have you even read your warranty contract?

    No reasonable person would expect a computer to support an unknown OS,
    an OS that's not on the market, an OS this is still in beta. No court is
    going to find that your warranty covers ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE
    COMPUTER WAS SHIPPED WITH.

    Your computer IS NOT OBSOLETE, it still performs the functions it
    shipped with. You will never find a vendor shipping a computer system
    that states "certified ready for the next OS that's not even on the
    market yet".

    Your lawyer is chomping at the bit - to take your money and screw you.
    You don't have a case in any legal system around the world.

    Remember this - your computer was warrantied for the parts/OS it shipped
    with, not new service packs, not new hardware, not new applications, not
    anything other than what it shipped with. Replacement of DEFECTIVE parts
    with Dell Approved parts is all it covers.

    Leythos, Nov 5, 2005
  9. michael e dziatkowicz

    DotCom Guest

    LOLOLOLOLOL

    "My lawyer told me he is chomping at the bit when i talked to him earlier."

    This keeps getting better.

    Ted Zieglar

    DotCom, Nov 5, 2005
  10. michael e dziatkowicz

    David Nimon Guest

    I'm surprised his lawyer can talk and chase ambulances at the same time!!

    --
    David Nimon
    [email protected]##sympatico.ca

    --------------------------------

    David Nimon, Nov 5, 2005
  11. I take it you're not an attorney. ;)

    Dell has no obligation to support any configuration other than the one
    they sold you and that did not include Vista. When you're upgrading an
    OS, especially a Beta version, *you* need to check for updated/new
    drivers, etc.

    Have you checked the ATI site?

    How important is Vista to you?

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  12. You can keep posting that, but it won't become true.

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  13. Fine, then Dell will report your lack of payment to Experian, et al.,
    and your CR rating goes straight into the toilet. I assume you have no
    problem with this?

    Maybe in the meantime you can shop around for an attorney to sue Dell
    for breach of contract on your behalf. Please post back.

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  14. You're walking $$$ tohim, what do you expect/

    <balloon over your lawyer's head?

    KA-CHING!

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  15. And Dell has *very* deep pockets.

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  16. No, no, no, Bob, I want him to continue posting in Usenet. You can't
    make this stuff up.

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  17. Yet another instance of Dell screwing the customer! Grrrrr.

    Sparky Spartacus, Nov 6, 2005
  18. michael e dziatkowicz

    Hank Arnold Guest

    ROTFLMAO!!!!

    --
    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Nov 6, 2005
  19. michael e dziatkowicz

    Dan Guest

    The can sue back for breach of idiocy. Their contracts certainly
    mentions something about not being responsible for "software issues"

    Dan

    Dan, Nov 6, 2005