    I recently bought a second hand tablet pc and i would like to re-install win
    xp TE. However there is no cd rom. is there a way to do so with a usb stick?
    could you help me? thanks, george

    George, Feb 11, 2009

  2. The only viable option is to see if you can obtain restore CD's from the
    mfg. Tablet edition is not available to individuals.

    Exactly what make/model/specs?

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard, Feb 11, 2009

  3. >> no cd rom. <<

    completely depends on the make model and it's ability to boot from
    alternate devices... again, post specs and everything it does have.

    >> is there a way to do so with a usb stick? <<

    In addition to the above, the usb device must have the ability to
    provide booting... while some memory sticks or usb card readers do, most
    do not have this.

    In the long term, it might be easier to remove the hard drive, put it in
    a usb enclosure, then load the drive using another pc... you still have
    a whole raft of requirements to diagnose and overcome based on the
    little you have posted.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Feb 11, 2009
  4. On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:15:50 +0100, "George" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I recently bought a second hand tablet pc and i would like to re-install win
    >xp TE. However there is no cd rom. is there a way to do so with a usb stick?
    >could you help me? thanks, george

    Maybe pick up a cheap USB CD/DVD drive? I've seen them online for
    around $50-60.

    --
    Cheers,
    Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP