    Any feedback will be appreciated, because I really like this board and
    hate to throw it away not knowing if it was bad, or not.

    Jerry

    Jerry Cargile, Mar 10, 2009

  2. Jerry Cargile

    f/fgeorge Guest

    Bad disk? If the disk has been used many times it will become harder
    and harder to read. If you have a boot disk you can try booting into
    DOS and then making an I386 directory and copying that directory off
    thedrive into that directory and then install from there. Put the cd
    back in as it starts to load Windows in case it needs something off
    the disk.Winnt32.exe is the name of the the actual install file you
    use to do the install.

    f/fgeorge, Mar 10, 2009

  3. Jerry Cargile

    andy Guest

    Try running a memory test: (http://www.memtest.org/).

    andy, Mar 10, 2009
  4. Thanks for the tips, I'll try them out. I have a Soyo KT400 Dragon
    Ultra and an Asus A7V133 which I hate to throw away without knowing for
    sure that they are toast, but the computer shop wants $45 to check the
    mobos and cpus...that's each one of them. So counting my two Duron 1200
    cpus, it's gonna cost a lot more than a replacement board of some kind.

    Thanks again for your advice.

    Jerry

    Jerry Cargile, Mar 10, 2009
  5. Jerry Cargile

    f/fgeorge Guest

    No problem, I have personally been donating those older mb's and cpu's
    to the foster kids at work. I have moved onto faster and more, as in
    dual and quad core, cpu's. This old mb does not support all that so I
    donated it too. I wipe out the harddrive and then put Linux on it with
    a genric name and password and the kids just love the fact that they
    then have something to call their own!

    But on the Windows machines I do keep, I have been doing this for a
    long time, it loads MUCH faster from the harddrive then from a cd.

    f/fgeorge, Mar 11, 2009