    measure some strain guages.

    Any recommendations on a single voltage supply instrumentation amplifier
    that we could use for both functions?

    Anchor, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Both functions? The Hall device will probably have a digital output
    and can go (more or less) directly into a digital PIC input. At most
    you'd need a crude comparator with some hysteresis (perhaps the
    built-in crude comparator which some PICs have).

    Strain gauges require energization and usually some kind of
    amplification before the typical on-board ADC, but the type of signal
    conditioning required is very much dependent on the output voltage of
    the sensor and required accuracy and stability. A silicon strain gauge
    pressure sensor will probably be *much* less demanding than a metal
    strain gauge load cell.

    Best regards,
    Spehro Pefhany

    Spehro Pefhany, Oct 19, 2005