    upgrade the video.

    tia,
    chris

    Chris, Dec 10, 2007

  2. For your needs, the integrated video should be more than sufficient.

    William

    William R. Walsh, Dec 11, 2007

  3. Chris

    Journey Guest

    I concur with William -- the integrated video will handle your needs
    without any problems.

    Journey, Dec 11, 2007
  4. Chris

    Journey Guest

    Wow -- you get the computer _and_ a 19" wide screen? It's amazing how
    low computer prices have become. There was a long period of time when
    the sweet spot seemed to be around $2,000.

    Journey, Dec 11, 2007
  5. Christopher Muto, Dec 11, 2007
  6. Chris

    Journey Guest

    Now that looks like a great deal! The only thing I'd upgrade is the
    hard drive, and the upgrades aren't that expensive.

    (I don't know what kind of Core 2 Duo processor that is. Also, how
    does one hook a 7.1 system up to 5.1 or just two stereo speakers)

    Journey, Dec 11, 2007
  7. Chris

    Chris558 Guest

    to bad that comes with a 20" (1680 x 1050) monitor or else I'd
    probably get it. I'd really like a 19" at 1280x1024 so will keep
    looking. Maybe they'll let me downgrade.

    Chris558, Dec 11, 2007
  8. Chris

    Journey Guest

    I assume your reason is that you want bigger text. I find the 20"
    monitors to be OK but it is true that a 1280 x 1024 would have much
    larger text.

    You can call Dell to see if you can downgrade and keep the price of
    the system the same. The problem with that is that when something is
    special for a person's order, that's when the Dell Hell experiences
    can happen. I think you'd be OK though in this case.

    Journey, Dec 11, 2007