    integrated Sigmatel better?

    Thanks!

    Sam

    salmondays2000, Dec 24, 2005

  2. salmondays2000

    Jay B Guest

    the soundblaster should be better, but you may not notice any difference.
    just insert it and the internal one will be automatically disabled. then
    tape over the jacks for it so you dont get confused.

    Jay B, Dec 24, 2005

  3. salmondays2000

    BigJIm Guest

    if your using basic stereo sound no
    if you want surround sound yes

    BigJIm, Dec 24, 2005
  4. salmondays2000

    Tom Scales Guest

    Why? The integrated is 7.1, isn't it?

    Tom Scales, Dec 24, 2005
  5. Well considering it was free, I'd personally swap it. If you don't have
    a good set of speakers, or if you primarily listen to compressed music,
    you probably won't notice the difference. I think the last time I
    bothered with purchasing a PCI sound card, it was back when in DOS days.
    I did pick up a USB one for my Latitude D610 since the headphone jack
    is extremely noisy. If your PC has optical out, then I'd say your
    better off picking up a toslink cable, connecting that to your stereo,
    and using that for your sound.

    Nicholas Andrade, Dec 25, 2005
  6. Well considering it was free, I'd personally swap it.

    Thanks for all the feedback.

    I think I'll swap it out and see what happens.It just seems a seems a
    shame to leave it lying there!

    Merry Xmas!

    Sam

    salmondays2000, Dec 25, 2005