Intel® 82801ER (ICH5R) Serial ATA RAID & Windows 2003 SBS (Supermicro X5DPA-TGM)

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by Null, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. Null

    Null Guest

    I have been unable to install Windows 2003 Small Business Server
    (Final Release) on my Supermicro X5DPA-TGM.

    My server has 2x512GB RAM and a single 2.4 GHz Proc.

    I have narrowed the problem down to the Intel® 82801ER (ICH5R) Serial
    ATA RAID, which I have configured as a mirror using two, 80GB SATA
    hard drives.

    With the RAID off, Windows 2003 SBS installs. With the RAID on,
    Windows 2003 SBS gives the error "Cannot run DCPROMO because the
    SYSVOL partition is not formatted for NTFS."

    Interestingly enough, Windows 2003 Server, Standard Edition installs
    without difficulty. DCPromo even succeeds.

    However, continuing on with SBS setup from disk one, the program
    seizes up when it comes time to configure the data location (Users
    shared folders, etc).

    With a 20GB install partition, the remaining 60GB wont even show up in
    the browse menu.

    The problem is likely the ICH5R drivers, which do not specifically
    state they support Windows 2003.

    Anyone else have any thoughts?

    Null, Nov 4, 2003