Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL won't run 3Gz processor

Discussion in 'Intel' started by CDR_PCFA, May 16, 2008.

  1. CDR_PCFA

    CDR_PCFA Guest

    My Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL won't run a 3Gz processor. It runs
    the 2.4 Gz fine though. The spec for this board says it should run the
    3Gz and I've updated to the latest BIOS. But there's no response to
    the ON button with the 3Gz installed. Any Ideas or suggestions on how
    I can run the 3Gz chip in this board? The writing etched onto the top
    of the chips are as follows:

    3 Gz:

    SLYKB MALAYSIA
    L433B277
    M438A297
    0455

    2.4 Gz:

    SL623 COSTA RICA
    33321532
    4332B105
    0634

    The 2.4 has 512 cache. The 3.0 has 1 Gb cache.

    Carl

    CDR_PCFA, May 16, 2008

  2. SLYKB does not exist in the processor list. Please check the number again.=

    SL623 is a Xeon processor running at 2GHz. Are you sure you got that
    number correct also? Here's the URL to input the sSpec number:

    http://processorfinder.intel.com/

    I ran for many years a SL79L which is a 3GHz P4, 800MHz bus speed, 1MB L2.
    I also used PC3200 DDR-400 memory.

    https://www.mixmaster.it

    George Orwell, May 16, 2008

  3. CDR_PCFA

    Bob Bailin Guest

    My Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL won't run a 3Gz processor. It runs
    the 2.4 Gz fine though. The spec for this board says it should run the
    3Gz and I've updated to the latest BIOS. But there's no response to
    the ON button with the 3Gz installed. Any Ideas or suggestions on how
    I can run the 3Gz chip in this board? The writing etched onto the top
    of the chips are as follows:

    3 Gz:

    SLYKB MALAYSIA
    L433B277
    M438A297
    0455

    2.4 Gz:

    SL623 COSTA RICA
    33321532
    4332B105
    0634

    The 2.4 has 512 cache. The 3.0 has 1 Gb cache.

    =========

    There is no S-Spec number "SLYKB". There is a "SL7KB" which
    is a 3.0E P4 processor. According to the table at
    http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/D865PERL/sb/CS-026961.htm
    this processor requires your D865PERL board to have an AA board revision
    number
    of:
    C27650-209 or later
    C27646-210 or later
    C26719-211 or later
    C27648-208 or later
    C40926-202 or later

    in addition to a BIOS rev level of P13 or greater.

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, May 17, 2008
  4. CDR_PCFA

    Nate Edel Guest

    It's more likely a matter of the BIOS or the electrical stuff - any 865
    board should be able to run the first-generation P4/3.0s (Northwood,
    130nm/512kb cache/800FSB) P4s, but I'm not sure if all 865 boards can take
    the second (Prescott, 90nm/1mb cache/800fsb) or later generations (ie the P4
    531/631)

    Nate Edel, May 19, 2008
  5. CDR_PCFA

    earth

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    D915gev

    I want to know if CentOS 4.3 supports Intel Desktop Board D915GEV. Is there any other driver(cideo etc.) needed.
    What should be the procedure to install CentOS on D915GEV. I am using Intel Pentium4 2.8 GHz with D915GEV board.
    Are baylan (with realtech chip RTL8139D) Lan card supported.
    Are there any other hardware issues in CentOS regarding my hardware.
    Im using SeaGate 80Gb SATA 2 drive. Is there any issue realted with it.

    earth, Jun 9, 2008