    it and loading XP Pro that I have an extra copy of.

    Thanks,
    Pete

    Peter, Mar 6, 2007

  2. Peter

    Pen Guest

    I have one of those that I got off the outlet. It came with xp and a
    coupon for vista.

    Pen, Mar 6, 2007

  3. Peter

    journey Guest

    I would wait for you an get a Core 2 Duo rather than a Core Duo for
    your price point. If you plan on running Vista, I recommend 2G RAM.
    If you will ditch it and load XP Pro you would do OK with 1G RAM. I
    would just get the 1G as one SIMM if you can. There is a $400 off
    coupon deal going on now for Inspirons. I went with 2G RAM, Core 2
    Duo 2Ghz 4M Cache, and 7200 hard drive and I would not do it any
    differently if I had to do it over again.

    journey, Mar 6, 2007