    whatever it is instead, if you have a choice.

    I see google has them as N; we're using them on G.
    Maybe that's related.

    Ron Hardin, Feb 2, 2011

  2. On 2/2/2011 12:31 PM, Ron Hardin wrote:
    > We have more trouble with laptops with Intel 5300
    > wireless cards than the Dell versions, by far.
    >
    > I suspect a software bug, but it's often a chore
    > to get the thing working again and it's always
    > leaving the connecting host in FIN_WAIT_2 state.
    >
    > Just a note to say choose the Dell 1397 or
    > whatever it is instead, if you have a choice.
    >
    > I see google has them as N; we're using them on G.
    > Maybe that's related.

    are you using wep?
    you will probably tear your hair out following all the suggestions about
    driver updates, router firmware updates, power management adjustments in
    the software, removing the intel network manager, etc and the problem
    most likely has to do with using wep. try a different encryption if you
    can, or if you must use wep try another card.

    Christopher Muto, Feb 2, 2011