Intel 82801 HR/HH/HO Sata Raid Controller and Intel P965 Chipset

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Dim, Dec 28, 2006.

  1. Dim

    Dim Guest

    I've just bought a HP Pavilion with a Intel P965 Chipset and a Intel
    82801 HR/HH/HO Sata Raid Controller. I've installed Windows Vista
    Ultimate on my machine. Windows auto installed the RAID controller.
    When i was using Windows Vista i've get many times the system freezes
    for about 20-30 seconds. Then i've installed the latest Intel Storage
    Manager (6.2.0.2002) and latest Chipset drivers but this wasn't a
    solution. The system gets the following error in the eventviewer
    everytime the system freezes:

    Event: 9, iastor

    The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout
    period.

    I know Vista is not fully supported yet but is Intel aware of this
    problem?
    Does anyone know when a new Intel Storrage Manager will be released?

    Thanks

    Dim, Dec 28, 2006

  2. Dim

    Dim Guest

    ?

    Dim, Jan 10, 2007

  3. Dim

    Dim Guest

    ?

    Dim, Jan 10, 2007
  4. Dim

    Bob Bailin Guest

    Intel recently (12/27/2006) released a BIOS update 1612 in which they, among
    other fixes, "Reverted back to RAID option ROM v6.1.0.1002" from 6.2.0.2002. This BIOS
    is for Intel Desktop motherboards in the DP965, DG965 and DQ963 series. Ask HP support
    if they have a branded BIOS for your motherboard, or whether you can use this one.

    See: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/12466/ENG/MQ_1612_ReleaseNotes.pdf

    Perhaps this is in response to problems like the one you report.

    A new Intel Storage Manager, ver. 6.2.1.1002 was released on 01/07/2007 for Vista and
    other
    O/S's. http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/12474/ENG/relnotes.htm

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, Jan 10, 2007
  5. Dim

    Dim Guest

    Thanks Bob,

    i will try this

    Dim, Jan 11, 2007
  6. Dim

    Dim Guest

    I have installed the new drivers.

    Unfortunatley this doesn't fix the problem. My first impression is that
    it is getting wurse.
    It mainly occures after the system startup.
    I just have this timeout 5 times in 10 minutes (with the latest driver).

    Dim, Jan 13, 2007
  7. Dim

    Dim Guest

    This is a report from the Intel Matrix Storage Manager

    System Information

    Kit Installed: 6.2.1.1002
    Kit Install History: 6.2.1.1002
    Shell Version: 6.2.1.1002

    OS Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
    OS Version: 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    System Name: DIMENKIKI-PC
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
    System Model: Basswood
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
    BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.08, 09/18/2006

    Language: ENU

    Intel(R) RAID Technology

    Intel RAID Controller: Intel(R) 82801HR/HH/HO SATA RAID Controller
    Number of Serial ATA ports: 6

    RAID Option ROM Version: 6.0.0.1022
    Driver Version: 6.2.1.1002
    RAID Plug-In Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Language Resource Version of the RAID Plug-In: 6.2.1.1002
    Create Volume Wizard Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Language Resource Version of the Create Volume Wizard: 6.2.1.1002
    Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive Wizard Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Language Resource Version of the Create Volume from Existing Hard Drive
    Wizard: 6.2.1.1002
    Modify Volume Wizard Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Language Resource Version of the Modify Volume Wizard: 6.2.1.1002
    Delete Volume Wizard Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Language Resource Version of the Delete Volume Wizard: 6.2.1.1002
    ISDI Library Version: 6.2.1.1002
    Event Monitor User Notification Tool Version: 6.2.1.1005
    Language Resource Version of the Event Monitor User Notification Tool:
    6.2.1.1005
    Event Monitor Version: 6.2.1.1005

    Hard Drive 0
    Usage: Non-RAID hard drive
    Device Port: 0
    Device Port Location: Internal
    Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 2
    Model: ST3250824AS
    Serial Number: 9ND03G8E
    Firmware: 3.AHH
    Native Command Queuing Support: Yes
    System Hard Drive: Yes
    Size: 232.8 GB

    Unused Port 0
    Device Port: 3
    Device Port Location: Internal

    Unused Port 1
    Device Port: 4
    Device Port Location: Internal

    Unused Port 2
    Device Port: 5
    Device Port Location: Internal

    CD/DVD Drive 0
    Device Port: 1
    Device Port Location: Internal
    Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 1
    Model: HL-DT-STDVDRRW GSA-H30L
    Serial Number: Data not reported
    Firmware: S544

    CD/DVD Drive 1
    Device Port: 2
    Device Port Location: Internal
    Current Serial ATA Transfer Mode: Generation 1
    Model: SATA-DVDDROM6316
    Serial Number: Data not reported
    Firmware: HP02

    Dim, Jan 13, 2007