    chipset, do experienced users feel the 875P chipset, even if PAT is
    disabled, is still a better bnoard when compared to the 865 chipsets ?

    Thanks

    tony010409020622, May 22, 2004

  2. I'm running a P4C88 Deluxe with 4 sticks of Kingston PC 400 512 Meg .
    I have no problem with PAT, it works fine.

    Mike

    On Sat, 22 May 2004 22:57:56 GMT,

    Preferred Customer, May 23, 2004

  3. tony010409020622

    Guess Who Guest

    Well, I have an INTEL D875PBZT, with all 4 memory slots populated (4 x 512MB
    Dual Channel DDR400), and PAT is enabled and works fine.

    Guess Who, May 23, 2004
  4. tony010409020622

    Gary Guest

    Tony:

    I have a IC7-G. Where do you determine if PAT is on or off? Is that
    under Advanced Chipset Features, Game Accelerator.

    Thanks Gary

    Gary, May 23, 2004
  5. tony010409020622

    TomG Guest

    you can use a third party app like Sandra (although it is buried pretty deep
    in Sandra) or CPU-Z which is available at http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php or
    on my ftp server at the address below.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, May 23, 2004
  6. tony010409020622

    Homie Guest

    I still haven't figured out if Pat is male or female?

    Homie......

    Just had to jack the thread:)

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Homie, May 24, 2004
  7. Please follow Tom's suggestions, I read about this issue and I'm
    trying to get it resolved before buying the board, so I dont know
    exactly where to look.

    I hope ABIT is working toward resolving it, the IC7 series seems like
    the best 875P board out there, but I've had boards with memory
    problems before, the last thing I'm going to do is invest in a new
    memory problem. I work with graphics and video a lot and need to be
    able to max out my memory.

    tony010409020622, May 24, 2004
  8. tony010409020622

    0_Qed Guest

    You're an e_vile minded "person" ... YOU!!!

    A_moral to the 'core(s)' ... all 4k of 'it'.

    Query "TomG" about 'how' to ~tell~ ... TomG nose.

    Qed

    0_Qed, May 24, 2004
  9. tony010409020622

    TomG Guest

    *hijack alert*

    top of the day to you, Homie! PAT is Bi...

    TomG, May 24, 2004
  10. Resolving *what* exactly? The issue you're discussing isn't specific to the
    IC7 series, it's a factor in any board using the 875 (and 865 when
    pseudo-PAT is enabled) chipsets.
    Reading some of your other posts you seem to have got the idea that the IC7
    won't run PAT with all four memory sockets populated, period. That isn't
    accuratet. It will run with PAT enabled on four identical sticks of good
    quality PC3200 at default (or moderately overclocked) speeds.

    What you won't be able to do is overclock to the same extent you would with
    two sticks while keeping PAT and eventually, stability. This, however, is
    far from a "problem" that is unique to the IC7 series, it's been a factor
    with virtually every motherboard and memory platform since the PC, and the
    sport of overclocking, was created.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom