Intel Application Accelerator 2.3 has a bad nonpaged pool memory leak

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Dan Harkless, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Dan Harkless

    Dan Harkless Guest

    [...]

    I thought I had experimentally determined that this memory leak was
    fixed in Application Accelerator 2.2.2, but I had to reinstall my
    system a few weeks ago, and I installed the latest version of IAA,
    2.3, and the memory leak is still there.

    So either they fixed it in 2.2.2 but forgot to put the fix in 2.3 (2.3
    Beta was out before there was a 2.2.2), or the memory leak only
    happens in conjunction with some other piece of software, which I
    didn't have present on my system while I was using 2.2.2 but did have
    present while using 2.2, 2.3 Beta, and 2.3 (kind of doubt this
    alternative).

    Anyway, I guess I better learn my lesson and give up on IAA for good.

    If you're not reading this from Google Groups (and thus that
    URL above won't be clickable), here's a link to my original
    article with more info on the problem:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    Dan Harkless, Jun 26, 2003