Intel Application Accelerator RAID will not install on my P4C800-E Deluxe - anybody know why?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Solaratov, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. Solaratov

    Solaratov Guest

    I did install the chipset software utility, but when I try to install
    the RAID application accelerator, I get a "incompatible hardware"
    warning. OS is Windows XP Pro, sp2, P4 3.0ghz, 1gb RAM.

    The read.me gives me no clue as to the problem:

    * 1. OVERVIEW

    The Intel(R) Application Accelerator RAID Edition is
    designed to provide functionality for the Intel(R) 82801ER
    SATA RAID Controller. This product is available for use on
    Pentium(R) 4 processor-based systems with an Intel 82801ER
    I/O Controller Hub and running Microsoft* Windows* XP or
    Microsoft* Windows* 2000. Software installation is flexible
    and fully automated.

    * 2. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

    1. The system must contain the following Intel products:

    * Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor
    * Intel(R) 82801ER I/O Controller Hub

    2. The kit software should be installed on systems with at
    least the minimum system memory required by the
    operating system.

    3. Microsoft* Windows* XP Professional or Home Edition or
    Microsoft* Windows* 2000 operating system.

    4. Installation of the Intel(R) Chipset Software
    Installation Utility prior to loading the Intel(R)
    Application Accelerator RAID Edition.

    What's going on? Any comments appreciated.

    Solaratov, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Solaratov

    Mercury Guest

    Is the SATA raid controller configured as raid in the bios? If it is, it
    will appear as 82801ER (R for Raid), if it is not it will appear as 82801EB
    (B for basic IE non raid).

    Intel decided not to allow the installation of this driver forsome brilliant
    reason unless the controller was configured correctly. Carts and Horses...

    Mercury, Mar 27, 2005