    this software from Intel or not? I'll be applying Win2K SP4 after
    the installation is complete.

    Thanks.

    Rick, Apr 10, 2005

  2. For a new Win2K installation on Intel 815e boards (Abit ST6,
    It's not necessary.

    HTH,

    Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Thanks Pepe. I thought so. Why does Intel continue to release
    new versions of these drivers, when they aren't even necessary
    for "mature" chipsets such as the 815e?

    Rick, Apr 10, 2005
  4. By the same token, it won't actually do you any harm to install the driver
    update, and it will only cost you a couple of minutes and a reboot. In
    return you know (for sure) that you've got the latest drivers for your
    board.
    Eh? The newer Chipset Software packages might not contain any drivers for
    your particular chipset, but they do for others. These updates are
    all-in-one releases, and the idea is that you can download a single update
    and get the latest drivers for your chipset, no matter what bits it's based
    on.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom