    how much performance in percentage i will lost out of the gpu
    i cant overclock it for some reason , thought maybe overclocking i
    could decrease the bottlenec

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 9, 2011

  2. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    yes the guy at the micro center told me the same
    he claimed that my dell mobo can actually run the card at 5 % off th
    normal speed cuz i have a pci express x16 1.0
    and yes im considering the haf x mid towe

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 9, 2011

  3. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    So the Dell Vostro booted up? Did you resolve the problem, and if s
    what was the solution

    rb, Dec 10, 2011
  4. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    nah its still not working , as i said
    im outta money , no budget and no job so i have no clue how long is i
    gonna take me to fix it
    well i tried to identify the problem myself but im having problems wit
    removing the case fa
    im gonna try to disconnect it and reconnect it again to see if anythin
    change
    how important is this fan for the compute

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 10, 2011
  5. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    even when the pc was working , my mobo wont allow me to overclock my cp

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 10, 2011
  6. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Its important since its the only fan that provides cool air into th
    case.
    I wouldn't run it without a case fan.

    One thing to consider however, is that the fan or the motherboard ma
    not be the problems...could be the power supply. Being that you alread
    purchased the OCZ700, why not try installing it

    rb, Dec 10, 2011
  7. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    im not sure if it fits or not
    and im not familiar with where to connect each cable , cuz from what
    rea
    plugging something in a wrong place can fry the whole computer
    im not really saying im gonna run the pc without that fa
    im trying to test if the pc will boot without it
    and i cant tell if my psu is the problem , its giving power to the fan
    inside the case ( cpu-gpu ) and the power supply fan itself is spinnin
    so i cant really tell if there is anything wrong with the ps
    though a solid amber light means there is either a mobo problem or
    power proble

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 10, 2011
  8. PcGAmeR22

    rb Guest

    Well you could use this opportunity to learn about the inner workings o
    a pc.
    You certainly have an interest in computers.
    This site has lots of info about building pc's --->
    http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/index.php

    You can also download the Vostro Service/Owners Manual, which include
    diagrams for all the components, ports, and connectors.
    Study the manual, then label each connector, and make a note of where i
    is connected, make sketches too if that helps. Taking a few pics of th
    motherboard and connectors is helpful too.

    Make sure to unplug the computer before working on it.
    Use a ground strap, or at the very least touch the case frequently t
    prevent static from building-up. Walking around on a carpet can caus
    alot of static build-up, as well as low humidity in the house especiall
    in winter.

    Just something to consider... :

    rb, Dec 10, 2011
  9. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    thanks , i,ll try to run a diagnosti

    PcGAmeR22, Dec 10, 2011
  10. PcGAmeR22

    PcGAmeR22 Guest

    ok i guess its either the psu or the mob
    i disconnected the fan from the case and from the motherboard and trie
    to boot the p
    same thing
    and when i put it back , same thing
    spins for 3 seconds than goes of