  1. G.K. Konnig

    G.K. Konnig Guest

    Real men use AMD !

    G.K. Konnig, Sep 13, 2004

  2. G.K. Konnig

    Nudge Guest

    Take a look at JK's work for pointers on proper trolling techniques.

    Nudge, Sep 13, 2004

  3. G.K. Konnig

    Lee Waun Guest

    No losers that are too poor to buy intel use AMD. Oh and also JK.

    Lee Waun, Sep 13, 2004
  4. G.K. Konnig

    Mike Smith Guest

    <see subject line>

    You create weak trolls.

    Mike Smith, Sep 13, 2004
  5. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    LOL! Those who are smart enough not to pay Intel's high prices buy
    AMD. Why hasn't Intel made 64 bit processors for notebooks?
    Is it because they can't manage to make a low power 64 bit processor?

    JK, Sep 13, 2004
  6. Yeah, everyone needs 64Bit in a notebook today...

    64Bit for notebooks is just for catching the clueless masses that run behind
    high GHz and GByte numbers...
    AMD also can't make a low power 64bit processor. MIPS does for example...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 14, 2004
  7. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    There are people who want to run 64 bit software.
    AMD makes some very low power processors.

    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/news.php?nid=2513

    AMD also makes some Opteron chips that use only 30 watts, which have
    the designation EE.

    JK, Sep 14, 2004
  8. G.K. Konnig

    Alex Johnson Guest

    Wow, 30 watts! That's only, what, 30 times what a "low power" processor
    should consume. I'm not defending intel. They also have poweritis.

    Alex Johnson, Sep 14, 2004
  9. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    You didn't even read the information at the link I presented. AMD makes
    processors that consume much less than 30 watts. The 30 watt Opterons
    are amazing though since they are 64 bit server chips with integrated
    memory controllers.

    JK, Sep 14, 2004
  10. Yes, right. There are tons of applications for x86-64 that _require_ to be
    run as 64bit on a notebook. You for sure are one of the people living in the
    belief that 64bit are much faster than 32bit...

    Interestingly, AMD64 is mostly found in cheap consumer notebooks. I can't
    think of any business notebook working with an AMD64 CPU. On the other hand,
    there are lots of P-M notebooks which provide unbeaten battery runtime
    (except maybe the PPC-based Apple iBooks/Powerbooks) and a great
    performance...
    Right, a 32bit CPU. Intel has lots of them, too...

    But AMD still has no real low power 64bit processor...
    30Watts are not low power. 3-12 Watts are low power. The opteron is a nice
    CPU (even when having some bottlenecks), but certainly not a low power
    CPU...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 14, 2004
  11. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    Look for thin and light Athlon 64 notebooks in the near future. AMD started
    shipping the chips for those in August.
    Compared to 100+ watt Intel chips they are.
    3-12 watt 64 bit server chips with integrated memory controllers?
    You are dreaming.
    The 30 watt ones are. Of course they aren't nearly as cheap as the
    higher power consuming ones.

    JK, Sep 14, 2004
  12. Wow, just after only over a year in which intel had lot of success with P-M
    and the Centrino technology. And I still can see no announcement of business
    notebooks with AMD64 from the big manufacturers...
    Just needing less power than another CPU doesn't make then low power.
    There was no mention of integrated memory controllers or "server" chips
    (even when the MIPS processors are also used in servers)...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 15, 2004
  13. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    I mentioned them when I mentioned the 30 watt Opteron EE chips. They
    are server chips with two channel integrated memory controllers.

    JK, Sep 15, 2004
  14. Fine. When talking about Apples comparing Oranges is another reasonable way
    if facts don't support You.

    EOD

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Sep 15, 2004
  15. G.K. Konnig

    JK Guest

    LOL! I was merely trying to show the pattern that AMD processors overall
    are far more advanced than Intel processors.

    JK, Sep 15, 2004