intel d865gbf suspend-to-ram or "instantly on PC"

Discussion in 'Intel' started by MatthewBrown, Mar 1, 2006.

  1. MatthewBrown

    MatthewBrown Guest

    Hello,

    I am having an issue with stand-by or suspend-to-ram or the "instantly
    on PC" feature on the intel d865gbf.

    I have enabled S1 in the BIOS, but when I go into stand by in Windows
    XP my fans still stay on, which defeats most of the purpose of
    suspend-to-ram.

    Has anyone has this same issue?

    Can anyone recommend a solution or more troubleshooting?

    Thanks very much,

    Matt

    MatthewBrown, Mar 1, 2006

  2. MatthewBrown

    MatthewBrown Guest

    I mean, I have enabled s3, not s1.

    MatthewBrown, Mar 1, 2006

  3. MatthewBrown

    MatthewBrown Guest

    I mean, s3 not s1.

    Also, I found that if you change the ACPI mode after the OS is
    installed, it has no effect. The ACPI mode was always set to s3.

    Thanks,

    Matt

    MatthewBrown, Mar 1, 2006
  4. MatthewBrown