    match those, the machine didn't boot upon restart. I've tried all
    kinds of ram and nothing works. Dead. What can I do? And what did I
    do wrong?

    The New Guy, Mar 10, 2007

  2. The New Guy

    Bob Bailin Guest

    Remove all the memory from the system and boot it up. You'll get 3 beeps
    and no video, indicating that there's insufficient memory present. Shut it
    down, reinstall the memory and you'll be set to go. (The incorrect memory
    timings will be reset to their default values.)

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, Mar 12, 2007

  3. The New Guy

    The New Guy Guest

    I was experimenting with some 800mhz ram and was surprised to see it
    Thanks. I realized I didn't start it up with NO memory. Good tip. I
    tried removing the cmos battery for a few seconds. That fixed it. I
    guess it did the same thing.

    The New Guy, Mar 12, 2007