Intel D945PVS SigmaTel STAC9223 No Wave Recording Option

Discussion in 'Intel' started by RD Munger, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. RD Munger

    RD Munger Guest

    Hello everyone.

    I have a new Intel D945PVS with SigmaTel's STAC9223 audio codec and
    to my great surprise there is no wave recording option in the
    Windows volume control properties.

    There is a wave selection on the playback, but this does one little
    good for recording any streaming audio. The options it offers is only
    line-in or microphone.

    I've installed the latest drivers from Intel with no joy.

    I have never had a motherboard without this feature. Is this a
    legal response with the recording industry, or just an over site?

    Of course this can be fixed by a Creative audio card, but I am
    speechless as to why it is missing.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks to all.

    RD Munger, Aug 29, 2005