Intel drops another market segmentation barrier to x86

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Robert Myers, May 27, 2009.

  1. Robert Myers

    Robert Myers Guest

    http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/304632/intel_nehalem_ex_gain_error_correction_technology

    <quote>

    Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a
    technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to
    reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the
    company said Tuesday.

    The processor will include an error correction feature called MCA
    Recovery, which will detect and fix errors that could otherwise cause
    systems to crash, said Boyd Davis, general manager of Intel's server
    platforms marketing group, at a press conference.

    </quote>

    According to Intel, of course, Itanium will be even _more_ reliable.

    Robert.

    Robert Myers, May 27, 2009