    Can someone tell me how to get help from Intel? I hate the thoughts of
    having to buy a sound card to resolve this problem...

    J. Baggett

    J. Baggett, Jul 25, 2008

  2. J.  Baggett

    Bob Bailin Guest

    There may be some incompatibility between the Realtek driver and XP SP3.

    Try installing XP Pro SP2, followed by the current chipset INF drivers
    and video drivers, reboot and then try installing the current 04/29/08
    Realtek sound driver. If it now works, try installing SP3 and see if it
    remains working.

    You could also try installing Vista SP1 if you have or can borrow
    an installation DVD. No product key required for a 30-day test
    installation. This is to determine if you have a hardware problem or
    have discovered a driver problem.

    There's a link to email Intel tech support on the support website.
    Just give a brief synopsis in the subject field. You'll get an automated
    response suggesting articles to read. Assuming none of them work,
    click on the Escalte button and you'll get a response from an actual
    tech person in a couple of days.

    Bob Bailin, Jul 31, 2008

  3. J.  Baggett

    WASIM

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have DG35EC with 2.5 core 2 duo. I also have same problem whenever install new windows xp-2. To overcome this problem after windows installization quickly install realtek audio driver manually from original MB cd.
    After rebooting ur pc check it by playing sound file if it gives error then uninstall it and reboot ur pc then agian install it.

    WASIM, Jun 8, 2009
  4. J.  Baggett

    zaara

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Wasim Dont worry
    I m using also Intel DG35EC Motherboard
    with Core2Duo E7300 2.66Ghz kingston 2 GB ram with 800 bus but i have no problem with it .
    now i m running windows7 ultimate onit pefectily

    zaara, Nov 3, 2009
  5. J.  Baggett

    zaara

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Use the Realtek Driver version 5939 from intel web

    zaara, Nov 3, 2009