    things that the processor must be able to do and the motherboard as
    well. I can't seem to find a list of motherboards or CPUs that will
    perform this functionality. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    reetsemail, Jan 16, 2009

  2. reetsemail

    Puddin' Man Guest

    You are a little light on details of what HW/SW you want to
    implement.

    Start with "Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)" at:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization#Intel_Virtualization_Technology_.28Intel_VT.29

    Then run searches on catchphrases like "Intel VT" and look for
    them in descriptions of cpu's, boards you might want to consider.

    Puddin'

    "Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
    - Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of GW Bush, Paulson, etc

    Puddin' Man, Jan 16, 2009

  3. reetsemail

    reetsemail Guest

    Hi there. I'm not really concerned about what type of hardware for
    the CPU or the mobo. Just omething that will get the job done as far
    as virtualization and can support a good amount of ram. Nothing
    fancy. Does the board really matter? I still can't get a definitive
    answer on that. Thanks.

    reetsemail, Jan 17, 2009
  4. reetsemail

    Puddin' Man Guest

    Then you may well be barking up the wrong tree.
    You wanna run Server08 and Hyper-V. Eh?

    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper-V#System_requirements_.2F_Specifications

    System requirements / Specifications:
    An x64-based processor running an x64 version of Windows Server 2008 Standard,
    Windows Server 2008 Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 Datacenter.

    Hardware-assisted virtualization. This is available in processors that include
    a virtualization option; specifically, Intel VT or AMD Virtualization (AMD-V,
    formerly code-named "Pacifica").
    Here's a definitive answer: "The Board ALWAYS Counts!".

    What in the world are you trying to do? Users, Applications, etc???

    Puddin' Man, Jan 17, 2009