    Everything had been functioning well prior to crash.
    Thanks for any thought you may have.
    Alan

    Alan C. Jones, Jun 6, 2007

  2. Alan C. Jones

    Bob Bailin Guest

    Try removing all the memory from the board, and then power it up. You should
    get a beep code indicating no memory present. If it's still silent, then you either
    have a defective mb, a bad CPU or a bad power supply. If it beeps, then all of the BIOS
    settings,
    including memory timings, will be set to their default values. Sometimes this is
    the only way to reset an Intel mb after playing around with BIOS settings and
    rendering the system unbootable.

    I don't understand what you meant by "...swapped each CPU through D865glc
    Mboard with same results for all." Do you mean that every CPU you have,
    including the one from the non-working D865GBF, works in a different
    D865GLC you also have on hand?

    The last time this happened to me, it was a bad power supply that wasn't
    completely dead, just a deficient 5V line (so the fans still worked).

    Bob

    Bob Bailin, Jun 6, 2007

  3. Alan C. Jones

    Bob Bailin Guest

    Also, since this is a P4, make sure the 4-pin CPU power cable is plugged
    in firmly to the mb.

    Bob Bailin, Jun 6, 2007
  4. Hi Bob,
    I mean that I took my friend's formerly working CPU removed from
    another, upgraded MB and could't get even a beep. Ditto for spare D865GLC
    MB, and even swapped out a spare power supply! I did remove all memory and
    power up. I get no beeps at all under any conditions, and no video at all.
    This "Midas touch in reverse" is driving me crazy!!!
    Thanks for your thoughts,
    Alan.

    Alan C. Jones, Jun 6, 2007