    And next the Pentium G???? in LGA1156 - far removed from
    the old Pentium 4 breed.
    So that name could be anything from a snail to a cheetah.

    Anonymous, Feb 22, 2011

  2. Anonymous

    Shaun Guest

    I think your effed up!

    Shaun, Feb 23, 2011

  3. Anonymous

    Robert Myers Guest

    When Intel apparently abandoned the Pentium name for Core 2, at least
    a few people wondered why they had abandoned such a valuable brand
    name.

    Either they had second thoughts, or they never intended to abandon the
    brand name. They have simply retreaded it. Perhaps they thought that
    all but those who follow closely would have forgotten all about
    Prescott by the time they revived the name.

    If you were looking to save a few bucks on a processor, and had no
    particular way to distinguish one from another, would you rather buy a
    Pentium, or a Celeron?

    Intel didn't get where it is by being stupid about marketing. How
    erratic Intel is about its crippled chips (sometimes they are a
    bargain, sometimes they belong in the trash) reflects the fact that
    the choices are made by marketeers whose only real interest is
    segmenting the market the way they want to.

    Robert.

    Robert Myers, Feb 24, 2011
  4. Anonymous

    Jim Guest

    Wish they would stop playing games with VT (the 2500K/2600K doesn't support
    VT-D while the 2500/2600 do). You'd think after Windows7 XP mode fiasco
    they'd stop.

    Jim, Feb 25, 2011