    re-think their path, they are doomed (even with stolid corporate IT
    hacks backing them)
    to an ever-shrinking market share.

    michaelanderson4, Jan 21, 2006

  2. michaelanderson4

    Acid8000 Guest

    So... you work for AMD?

    Acid8000, Jan 22, 2006

  3. michaelanderson4

    tony Guest

    CPU and GPU wars are so "yesterday"/"passe". That said, I think VIA
    is in my future for that special-purpose PC while Intel will remain in my
    desktops and servers. AMD probably missed the boat and should have
    done what VIA is doing to find niche markets rather than compete with
    the ubiquitous Intel for the mainstream.

    Tony

    tony, Jan 24, 2006
  4. michaelanderson4

    tony Guest

    Ooops. I thought this was csiphc. This is an Intel group and not the mentioned
    chip-wars group! My bad. I'll redirect it appropriately.

    Tony

    tony, Jan 24, 2006
  5. michaelanderson4

    Mike Smith Guest

    It's funny, it seems like people have been saying this for *years* now.

    Mike Smith, Jan 24, 2006
  6. michaelanderson4

    nobody Guest

    Why, it is quite on topic here

    nobody, Jan 24, 2006
  7. Ah a warmonger?... who apparently isn't paying attention.

    George Macdonald, Jan 25, 2006