    pref or something that I need to uncheck or change to stop it from dialing
    up on every startup? (While keeping "connect when needed")

    Thanks very much.

    Michael L Kankiewicz, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Michael L Kankiewicz

    billy Guest

    Something that runs at startup is using the network. You can probably
    find what that is by looking at your logs, using the Console utility (in
    your Utilities folder). Most likely you'll find it in either the System
    or Console logs.

    Billy Y..

    billy, Apr 25, 2008

  3. Michael L Kankiewicz

    Simon Slavin Guest

    You have some feature turned-on which (a) requires an internet connection
    and (b) is triggered at startup. For example, you have your Date & Time
    System Preferences panel with the 'automatically' option selected.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, Apr 27, 2008