    Anybody has any ideas? They will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    El Quimico

    El Quimico, Oct 4, 2005

  2. El Quimico

    Fred Mau Guest

    I tried this once myself. As I recall, when I put a GX1 riser card into a
    GX110 it wouldnt see ANY cards, PCI or ISA.

    But I can't rule out that I wasn't having other problems with the 110 at
    the time that might have impacted this, so your mileage may vary.

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Oct 4, 2005

  3. El Quimico

    peterfelgate Guest

    While certain GXa, G1 and GX1 risers are compatible, the GX110 and
    GX100 ones are only compatible with each other (and the GX200 I
    believe) even though they look as though they may fit.

    There are two variants of the GX110 (slot 1 and socket 370) and there
    may be other options for you to eplore. To do what you want you could
    buy some super slocket III adaptors and put the ex-GX110 processors
    into the GX1s - but this only works for any 100MHz FSB socket 370
    processors you might have NOT any that are 133 MHz FSB (I think genuine
    slot 1 133 MHz FSB processors may however work). Make sure you use
    ONLY super slocket III adaptors (see www.roberthancock.com and look at
    the Dell GX1 pages) and bios Version A07 AND NO HIGHER (there's an
    inhibit for faster proessors on later bioses). I have several GX1s
    with a variety of socket 370 100MHz FSB Celerons in the 900MHz to
    1.1GHz region using the super slocket III. Note also that the GX1 has
    three memory slots (not sure about the GX1p on this) whereas the GX110
    has only two. HTH

    peterfelgate, Oct 4, 2005
  5. El Quimico

    El Quimico Guest

    You are absolutely right in the socket 370 / 133 MHZ FSB. I have actually
    gone the way of the Upgradeware and Powerleap Adapters before (with mixed
    success in terms of life of the PCs afterward, for Dell XPS Ts).In any case,
    the 733s if you get them to run at 100 MHz FSB = 550 MHz and the 933 (close
    to1) will drop to 700 MHz. In that case, even if they work, it may not be
    really worth it. I was looking for a cheaper alternative with what we had
    here. I may go the PowerLeap and put a 1.3 GHz or 1.4 GHz tualatin Celeron
    then. Thanks for the info on the riser card.

    El Quimico

    El Quimico, Oct 4, 2005