  1. Hi everyone,
    Can anyone please tell me the techniques for interfacing 8051 with
    stepper motor?

    activearun.83, Jun 4, 2007

  2. activearun.83

    Guy Macon Guest

    Guy Macon, Jun 4, 2007

  3. activearun.83

    Donald Guest

    All the information you will ever need.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=8051+stepper+motor

    The first three hits will give you the design and code to get'er done.

    donald

    PS: If you would have justgoogleditfirst, you'd be done by now.

    Donald, Jun 4, 2007
  4. activearun.83

    ghelbig Guest

    ghelbig, Jun 4, 2007
  5. activearun.83

    Tim Wescott Guest

    1: Go from the pins to the motor. This only works if it's a _really
    small_ motor that's rated for your processor's VCC and drive current
    capability.

    2: Amplify the pin outputs, and connect the motor to the amplifiers.
    This is a nice general-purpose connection.

    3: Get a stepper driver that contains logic and amplifiers, and supply
    it with enable, direction, and clock from the microprocessor. This
    offloads the processor, but costs more.

    Connections one and two require that you sequence the pulses to the
    motor correctly, but take less circuitry. Connection 3 is easier, but
    requires that you pay $$ for the drivers.

    --

    Tim Wescott
    Wescott Design Services

    Posting from Google? See http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/