    --
    Dave K MCSE.

    It is always of the form: [email protected] Hitting reply will work

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 10, 2006

  2. Dave (from the UK)

    Pavlinux Guest

    Heh... :)
    Try install Linux + Any CARD with Nvidia GPU, some times system full
    bocked after #modprobe nvidia, sometimes not, also with "usb-storage"
    module.

    Pavlinux, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Sorry, I do not understand what you mean.

    I have not installed Linux. I have installed only Windoze XP for testing, but I
    will install Solaris later on. But I have not attempted to install Linux at all.

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 10, 2006
  4. Dave (from the UK)

    Pavlinux Guest

    It's not you stupid, it's not Windows,Unix, Linux bad OSes, it is
    "NForce chipset creators".
    This motherboard will not work stably, even in a nominal mode, I do
    not speak about overlocking.
    Return back this fucking motherboard where has bought if it is
    possible.

    Pavlinux, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Dave (from the UK)

    David Edge Guest

    Hi, sounds like it could be an inadequate PSU?
    My K8WE had strange problems when I tried a 550W PSU, but has been
    running fine for almost a year now since I upgraded the PSU.
    Cheers, Dave

    David Edge, Apr 14, 2006
  6. This only has one Opteron processors in it, no PCI cards and not a very
    high-end graphics card( nvida 6600). So I really don't belive the 550 W
    Antec power supply should be limited. I did indeed check the 5 and 12
    rails with a DVM and they were OK. I have not checked others I must admit.

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 15, 2006
  7. Dave (from the UK)

    David Edge Guest

    Dave,
    I don't have much in mine, but I do have 2 248 Opterons.
    The 3.3V can be a problem, particularly if you have a fair bit of RAM.
    Even my 600W PSU only just provides enough current for 4 x 512MB.
    Tyan tech support told me this motherboard needs 24A on 12V to start-up
    even in minimal configuration, but not sure if that applied to only one CPU.
    Cheers, Dave

    David Edge, Apr 18, 2006
  8. Thanks Dave.

    I have returned the motherboard to the dealer, so I guess they will
    check it. If the problem occurs again I'll check the 3.3V line too.

    Dave (from the UK), Apr 19, 2006
  9. Dave (from the UK)

    David Edge Guest

    OK - there was a typo in my last posting - it should read 34A not 24A
    Cheers, Dave

    David Edge, Apr 22, 2006