    the motherboard might work but the connectors on those cables are
    physically larger than the connector on the ATI card.

    Peter

    Peter, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Peter

    Herb Crites Guest

    I "think" one like this will work. If I recall correctly, the cable you
    need has to have identical four-holed locking connectors on both ends of the
    cable. Both ends are of the type that plugs into the Audio Out jack of any
    standard computer CD ROM drive. When I built my system last November I had
    to scrounge around in the junk parts box a while before I located one,
    because most CD audio cables I've used normally have a smaller, narrower,
    nonlocking four-holed connector on the end that plugs into the sound card.

    If nothing else, you might consider splicing together two correctly-ended CD
    audio cables after clipping off the unusable ends.

    http://www.amamax.com/cdaudb941blkblkcdad.html

    Good luck,

    Herb

    Herb Crites, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    I thought that type of cable would work but it doesn't. I tried the cable
    that currently runs from the audio out connector on one of my CD/DVD
    drives to the motherboard but neither end physically fits the "CD Audio"
    connector on the ATI card.

    Were you able to find a cable that works with the AIW 9800 Pro or did you
    have to make one?

    Peter

    Peter, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Peter

    Peter Guest

    For the benefit of anyone else who may be following this...

    I called ATI and what I need is a white-to-black audio cable. All of the
    audio cables I tried are black-to-black and they do not fit the connector
    on the ATI card.

    Peter

    Peter, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Peter

    Herb Crites Guest

    DOH!

    Sorry Peter, I erred. The cable I described (black to black) that I
    recalled having trouble finding last November when I built my system was
    the CD-ROM ANALOG AUDIO OUT to motherboard CD IN cable. IT'S the one with
    identical, locking connectors.

    The cable you need that connects the motherboard's AUX IN to the AIW CD
    OUT is black to white, as you noted. (Locking black end goes to the
    motherboard, the narrower white end goes to the video card.)

    Sorry for the misinformation.

    Herb

    Herb Crites, Mar 4, 2004