Internal Modem in Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by DW, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. DW

    DW Guest

    I can't seem to make tThe internal modem work on my Satellite 5105-S501.
    The installation of driver downloaded from Toshiba website went through
    just fine. I checked the device manager, all devices appeared to be working
    correctly. When I try the diagnotics under the Phone/Modem in the control
    panel, The "Query Modem" result in the following error:
    +---------------------------+
    | OpenComm |
    +---------------------------+
    The port that the modem is attached could not be opened. This may be the
    result of a hardware conflict. Check the device manager to verify all
    devices are functional.
    ---------------------------

    When I tried a dialup to dial my ISP, it gave me the following error:
    Your modem appears to be used by other program, ........

    There were no program running at all. As matter of fact, I even restart the
    windows and start the dial up immediately after the windows started and same
    result.

    Any hint as to what my be the problem?
    I have XP Pro running on this Laptop, it that matters.

    DW

    DW, Aug 6, 2004

  2. DW

    CeeBee Guest

    Have you tried removing the device with the windows device manager
    followed by an automatic reinstall by XP Pro?

    Does it ask for drivers? Didn't the modem install without special
    drivers available? If Windows installed the modem and you superimposed
    separate drivers it might be that Windows gets confused about the number
    of modems and the available software drivers to steer them.

    --
    CeeBee

    "I don't know half of you
    half as well as I should like;