    Sliderbot Guest

    I am looking for the pinout on the internal I/O (USB) connector for a
    GX240 so that I can connect to an addon USB 2.0 card. Thanks.

    Sliderbot, Mar 6, 2006

  2. Sliderbot

    Ben Myers Guest

    That connector is pretty nasty and highly proprietary. Dell uses/used the same
    connector on many Dimension, Precision and Optiplex Socket 478 motherboards. If
    you can get the pinout, I'm afraid that you are in for a few hours of careful
    soldering of tiny wire leads. I would suggest getting yourself a spare Dell USB
    cable or two, just in case... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Sliderbot

    phillipo Guest

    I have searched and googled high and low looking for similar pinou
    info. Basically, with the help of power tools and a diploma i
    bodging, I managed to fit a dell GX240 mobo into my sons case, I no
    have to figure out the pinouts for the front panel. So far I hav
    drawn a blank on this, there seems to be a big veil of myster
    surrounding this 34 pin connector. I would be elated if anyone ca
    throw any light on the subject

    phillipo, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Sliderbot

    Angel Guest

    If you have found anything out please let me know. PLEASE

    Angel, Mar 24, 2006