    ports. If I do, it freezes and hard lock in the POST screen.

    I have the latest bios for the motherboard (ver 22). What gives?
    Any help?

    husker3in4, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Sounds like the pin configuration used by the headers in your case (and the
    Asus motherboard) is not the same as the one used by the IS7. Suggest you
    match the instructions that came with your case (or those of the Asus board)
    with the Abit manual to check the pinouts, and swap the pins in the header
    plugs if necessary.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 11, 2004

  3. husker3in4

    Fireclown Guest

    Make sure that the arrangement of connections on the USB card reader
    matches that of the front USB connector. Different manufacturers may use
    different header pin confiugations.

    Fireclown, Nov 12, 2004
  4. husker3in4

    husker3in4 Guest

    Again, its one plug from the USB reader, there is nothing I can screw up. It just isnt compatable I guess.

    BTW, What is PWM? Im looking at the temp monitor, and the PWM seems to be running hot.

    husker3in4, Nov 12, 2004
  5. husker3in4

    husker3in4, Nov 12, 2004
  6. husker3in4

    TomG Guest

    PWM is Pulse Width Modulation and is the voltage regulators for the core and
    other critical voltages on the mobo.

    as for the USB header, if the pin-out on the mobo was different from the
    previous mobo that the USB device was in use with, then the wires in the
    plug for the USB header would need to be moved to the proper locations for
    the new board pin-out.

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified