Internet Speed, Broadcom 802.11g and Intel PRO/2200BG?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by M. Saddy, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. M. Saddy

    M. Saddy Guest

    Hello,

    Hope some of you folks can help me out and thanks in advance!

    I just got this Acer laptop with a Broadcom 802.11g wireless card built in!
    I also had a Toshiba ,which my husband is using now, which has an Intel pro
    2200BG built in! We are running a wireless home network using a D-link
    DI-624 http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=6. Now, with the Toshiba which is
    a year old I get internet speed of 2200-2500 kbps when next to the router
    and in
    the 1700kbps when in my office upstairs! The new Acer hardly gets 1400 kbps
    when next to the router and 400-600 kbps when upstairs!!

    I assumed before buying that the Acer should perform better, or at lease the
    same, knowing that it had a dedicated G card unlike the Toshiba which has a
    B/G card! Do I have a faulty card or is this just a matter of settings? It
    is new so I can always take it back or replace it! Thank you for your time
    and hope to hear from you!

    Lisa.

    M. Saddy, Sep 19, 2005