Interrupts on Adlink PCO-7224 with PLX 9052?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Thorsten Ostermann, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Hi!

    I'm currently trying to use the onboard timer on the Adlink PCI7224 [1]
    to generate fast interrupts under WinNT/RTX. But I couldn't manage it to
    generate an interrupt.

    The interrupthandler is attached and reacts on software triggered
    interrupts. But also the timer i8254 is running, no "local" interrupt at
    the PLX 9052 is generated, and so #INTA line does not change. I also
    tried to generate an interrupt with an I/O line (pin P1C0), but this
    does not work either.

    In the describtion of the PCI 9052RDK-LITE [2] a linux drives with
    sourcecode is mentioned. Is there any way to get these sources without
    buying the complete RDK? Adlink does not respond to my request for
    driver sources :-(

    Kind regards
    Thorsten Ostermann

    [1] http://www.adlinktech.com/PD/big5/PD_detail.php?pid=20
    [2] http://www.plxtech.com/products/tools/rdk/9052rdk-lite.htm

    Thorsten Ostermann, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Thorsten Ostermann

    Guest Guest

    Adlink support is rubbish and the quality of their drivers isn't much
    better.

    I have only worked with a PLX9080 on a different Adlink board. To generate
    interrupts from an I/O line and timer I needed to:-

    Enable those interrupts in the Adlink interrupt control/status reg
    (INT_CSR).

    Enable the local to PCI interrupt in the PLX chip.

    Enable the PCI interrupt on the PLX chip.

    PLX do an SDK for $99 which has full source code for a generic windows
    driver for their PCI chips.

    Guest, Feb 22, 2005