InterVideo Win DVD Player

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by H.-H. Nygaard, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Hi!

    Re.: Compaq Evo D330v; Celeron 1.1 GHz, o.s. MS Win 98SE (Norwegian).

    Due to system faults I had to perform a full o.s. restore from the original
    Quick Restore disks.

    In the process I've "lost" the InterVideo Win DVD Player; it doesn't seem to
    be part of the recovery or drivers disk set.

    Have d.l. InterVideo Win DVD Player inst. file US (Global) (SP22142.exe -
    45.1 MB) for Win 98 from www.compaq.com .
    However, when trying to install it, pop-up reports "illegal operation" (,
    after License Agreement accepted and Install Shield started). No request for
    ser.no.

    Does anyone know what the problem would be; wrong language, wrong zone
    (Norway; 2), or?

    Alternatively; recommendations for (free?) Win DVD player that would work?

    Thanks a lot ;-)

    Rgds. H-H

    H.-H. Nygaard, Jan 5, 2005