    somewhere in the depths of that call, I can get to a real person, and they
    should be able to activate for me. Is this true, or is there some other
    option, or do I need to sic Paypal on this guy's keister?

    Chuck, Feb 1, 2010

  2. Chuck

    Jaime Guest

    Well, it sure doesn't sound like you got a valid key from the ebayer.

    Personally, I would be contacting the seller first before messing around
    playing phone tag.

    don't think you need to contact Paypal, just directly contact the seller
    first.

    Jaime, Feb 1, 2010

  3. Yes, this is true.
    MS will help you on this.
    You have a valid licence sticking to your TabletPC - this a special
    thing for the TabletPC OS-version which ever was sold separately.

    As to my experience this way will be a lot shorter than fighting with
    the seller who obviously has installed the OS with an invalid version.

    Rainald
    P.S. It seems that you did not get the CDs for the IS. This is a very
    important issue as in case of a necessary re-install you will have no
    media und be in biggest possible troubles. Contact Fujitsu support and
    ask if the still have CDs available.

    Rainald Taesler, Feb 2, 2010
  4. Yes, this is true.
    MS will help you on this.
    You have a valid licence sticking to your TabletPC - this a special
    thing for the TabletPC OS-version which ever was sold separately.

    As to my experience this way will be a lot shorter than fighting with
    the seller who obviously has installed the OS with an invalid version.

    Prior to calling MS you might try the following:
    1.) Use the MS "Windows Product Key Update Tool"
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/se...en&sGuid=35531b27-4ba3-4849-8054-6c84abc82d6f

    2.) Read KB-Article 328874 and follow the steps shown there
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328874/en-us

    3.) Try to change the key with "Magical Jelly Bean" v. 1.5.1.
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/old.shtml
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/files/keyfinder.v1.51.zip
    This version was the last one which had the feature of *changing* the
    key.

    HTH
    Rainald
    P.P. Pls report back
    P.P.S. It seems that you did not get the CDs for the OS. This is a very

    Rainald Taesler, Feb 2, 2010
  5. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    OK, none of this stuff seems to have worked, or at least not in the way I was
    anticipating. When I bring up the activation window, it shows the PK that's
    on the back of the tablet. Whether this is an actual change, or just because
    it's the last thing I manually input, I don't know. Either way, it still
    won't activate. Called MS and got to a real person--"Ben", riiiight--who told
    me the same thing Friendly Computer lady did: change the PK and call us
    back., Well, $^#%^*, if it was working right, I wouldn't call you guys at
    all, would I?? Arghh. I'll give it one more try and try to head "Bob" or
    whoever I get off at the pass and explain the situation. I just don't
    understand why it won't activate--you basically can't get a bad copy; they
    were ONLY given to OEMs. It's TabletXP--why won't the tabletXP PK &$#@(*
    activate it?!?

    Chuck, Feb 5, 2010
  6. Chuck

    Jaime Guest

    No chance the installed version doesn't match the Label version on the back?
    For example, the label was for a the original XP Tablet version (2002), but
    the 2005 is installed. That would cause a non-activation as well.

    Jaime, Feb 5, 2010
  7. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Hm. I dunno. System Properties tells me I have "MS Windows XP Tablet PC
    Edition 2005 Version 2002 Service Pack 3".
    I can't find anything on the hardware to tell me the original version. It
    just says "MS Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" with no date or version or
    anything.

    Chuck, Feb 5, 2010
  8. Chuck

    Jaime Guest

    If the sticker doesn't say SP[something], there is a chance that the
    original install (and that key) was the first release. I haven't seen enough
    of the Tablet OEM stickers to say, but I have seen some standard XP ones
    that do say XP w/SP2 (or whatever).

    I also have systems around that I know came preloaded with SP2 (or 3), but
    the sticker just says XP.

    Jaime, Feb 8, 2010
  9. Just to make sure:
    Did you try the steps I recommebded?

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Feb 10, 2010
  10. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Yup. No activation. Zip, zero, nada. And the COA makes no notes of any SPs.
    Which shouldn't make any difference (logically speaking, but we are talking
    about MS here). If I somehow managed to reinstall a "virgin" XP, no SPs or
    anything, what's the first thing that's gonna happen? Windows Update is gonna
    download 'em. So updates in place really shouldn't matter. But I don't expect
    common sense from Redmond.

    Chuck, Feb 11, 2010