    the mouse pointer. The key should invoke the context menu for the
    object currently highlighted.)

    Kai

    Kai Großjohann, Jun 12, 2005

  2. Kai Großjohann

    Tim Murray Guest

    From reviewing the thread, "A way to right-click without using the mouse?"
    started 03 June, I think the answer is no -- but I hope not. I had asked in
    terms of a right-click; your question is better, as it's really what I wanted
    all along.

    Tim Murray, Jun 12, 2005

  3. System Preferences -> Universal Access -> Mouse.

    Set the Mouse option to "On".

    The mouse pointer can now be controlled using the numeric keypad. "5" is a
    click, "0" holds the mouse button down, "." releases the mouse button, and
    the other digits move up/down/etc. For a contextual menu, press control-5
    or control-0.

    Using the keypad to move the mouse pointer is kind of slow & awkward,
    though, and it prevents you from using the numeric keypad as a numeric
    keypad. You'd have to use it for quite a while to get used to it. It's
    really intended for people who can't use a mouse.

    Wayne C. Morris, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Kai Großjohann

    Tim Murray Guest

    Thanks, but using numeric keypad presses to emulate mouse clicks is not
    exactly what I was thinking of. Maybe it works for the original poster.

    I, personally, was hoping for something along the lines of Ctrl+Return or
    something. Kai, what about you?

    Tim Murray, Jun 12, 2005
  5. Okay, I just tried it for a few seconds. No, no, no, no, that's not
    what I want.

    I'm looking for something akin to Ctrl-F2 and Ctrl-F3, but whereas
    Ctrl-F2 activates/invokes the normal menubar at the top of the screen,
    and Ctrl-F3 invokes the dock, my function should aktivate/invoke the
    context menu.

    When using the keypad to emulate the mouse, I can't use the cursor
    keys to navigate the context menu. I've got to move the mouse pointer
    instead, and that is really really really really slow.

    Kai

    Kai Großjohann, Jun 16, 2005
  6. Same here ;-)

    Kai