Ipaq C700-815E Multibay CD-R options

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Rich Jordan, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Rich Jordan

    Rich Jordan Guest

    We need to add a removeable storage device to an existing Win2K Ipaq
    desktop. The Compaq options list shows the following CD-R drives:

    153992-001 4x
    201808-B21 4x
    273837-B21 16x/10x

    The last one seems to be quite scarce. None are available new (unless
    something pops up on Epay). The LS120 and Zip250 options are not
    suitable to our needs, and a USB connected device would just be too
    slow.

    One common one, new on Ebay and elsewhere, is 269089-B25;
    24x/10x/24x/8x DVD/CD-R. I'd prefer a new unit because this will be
    the primary data backup for the site (the data is volatile so long
    media life is not an issue, but short term (6-9 month) readability is
    mandatory.

    Does the 269089-B25 unit, or any other Compaq Multibay CD-R capable
    unit that is still available new (even if not from Compaq) work in the
    Ipaq desktop under Win2K (even though they are not listed as supported
    options)?

    Thanks for any info

    Rich

    Rich Jordan, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Rich Jordan

    scorpionmods

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I realize this is an old post, however if anyone needs the info and is reading this ,.....
    If your cd cartridge is not functioning and and you still haven't tossed it out, all you need to do is remove the connector from the back of the cd rom and the bracket from the side that makes it wide enough (as well as the right shape). By re-fitting pretty much any laptop cd/dvd rom (including burners) with those two parts your good to go.
    I have done this on an iPAQ C700/815e using a cd rom from a dell P3 and a dvd rom from a fujitsu C series life book just plug it in and your done.

    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    scorpionmods, Feb 5, 2010