  1. AirRaid

    witfal Guest

    Not gonna happen. The hack was to T-Mobile, another GSM company.

    witfal, Aug 26, 2007

  2. AirRaid

    Ian Gregory Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.system.]
    Yesterday I cycled over to the nearest T-Mobile shop to replace
    my contract phone. It took a while and I mentioned the T-Mobile
    iPhone hack to the woman woking there. She didn't seem to have
    heard about it but said something like "we are going to start
    doing iPhones after Christmas". Since the shop was in the UK and
    there is no AT&T network here(?), I assumed that meant they would
    be supplying iPhones with T-Mobile SIM cards.

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Aug 26, 2007

  3. AirRaid

    Warren Oates Guest

    Hmm. If were a conspiracy nut, I'd suggest that Apple had somehow made
    this hack possible. Who benefits most from the sale of several thousands
    of iPhones that Apple doesn't have to officially support?

    Warren Oates, Aug 26, 2007
  4. AirRaid

    Ian Gregory Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.system.]
    Did you look at the attributions? I know it was a joke
    because it was me who said! It was certainly not intended
    to be a criticism of the iPhone - I have said before that
    the development of a small device running OS X is a great
    move for Apple and that it is probably an excellent product.
    Just one that I don't happen to need or want.

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Aug 26, 2007
  5. AirRaid

    NRen2k5 Guest

    With touchscreens too.

    NRen2k5, Aug 26, 2007
  6. AirRaid

    Larry Guest

    If it were a "small device running OS X" you could run OS X software,
    right?

    It won't. OS X isn't hobbled like iPhones.

    Larry

    Larry, Aug 26, 2007
  7. AirRaid

    Ian Gregory Guest

    Why do you think I said "OS X" rather than "Mac OS X"? They are
    different products that share a common core.

    Ian

    Ian Gregory, Aug 26, 2007
  8. If it were a "small device running OS X" you could run OS X software,
    right?

    It won't. OS X isn't hobbled like iPhones.[/QUOTE]

    Learn the difference between hardware and software.

    Michelle Steiner, Aug 26, 2007