Is Abit BE7 + ATI Radeon 9200 8x AGP 128MB a good fit?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by cdrcurious, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. cdrcurious

    cdrcurious Guest

    I remember that there were quite a few quirks with this mobo having to
    do with different AGP cards, I even saw some BIOS updates that seemed
    to include fixes for booting problems with different cards.

    I currently am using a STB Velocity 128 3D PCI card with only 4 MB
    (yuk!) and have been hesitant to get a good AGP card, not knowing if a
    great card was going to be incompatible with this (reportedly) great
    mobo.

    I'm not looking for any great gaming, just want good performance for
    watching MPEG2 files and DVDs. If there are other better, cheap cards
    out there, would love to hear it.

    That reminds me, are there any good cards out there that have HW
    decompression like my Rage Fury used to?

    TIA

    cdrcurious, Nov 23, 2003