Is DD400-512/** the same as DD4002-512?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Silence Seeker, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Greetings,
    I used Buffalo tech's Memory Configurator to find the appropriate
    memory to populate my ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Motherboard with 2GB PC3200
    RAM, so that 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as
    two pairs of Dual-channel memory. It came up with the following:

    DD400-512/**: http://www.buffalotech.com/memory/list.pl?mod=759&manuf=759

    Newegg.com, on the other hand, has a slightly different part#:

    DD4002-512: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=1&submit=Go&description=winbond,512MB,PC3200

    Any idea whether these are the same?

    Also, the reason I put eyed Newegg's DD4002-512 is because of the DDR
    400 modules ASUS recommends specifically for P4P800 motherboard,
    Winbond W9451GCDB-5 is one of very few that "support 4 modules
    inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of
    Dual-channel memory". However, I couldn't find any Winbond branded
    modules on Newegg.com - only the Buffallo ones comprised of Winbond
    chips. Am I looking at the same product? If not, do you know whether
    these will allow me to stack 4x512MB modules on the ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
    Motherboard?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Sam

    P.S. I sent the same question directly to Buffalo's tech support, but
    haven't received any answer. I have no idea when (and if) they intend
    to answer. I need to make this purchase pretty soon, so my only resort
    is to ask for your help. Thanks again.

    Silence Seeker, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Silence Seeker

    Skid Guest

    If you look closely at the photos on Newegg, the serial numbers on the
    memory modules start with a W and end in CH-5. They are indeed Winbond
    chips.

    I am using the 256-meg Buffalo Tech PC3700, which is Winbond BH-5, on an
    Abit IC7 and I'm very happy with it.

    I suspect the memory you ordered will work fine. You might check some of the
    Asus forums to see if others are using memory based on Winbond CH-5 modules.

    Skid, Oct 21, 2003