    know is if the 600M is considered an ultra portable?

    If not... which Dell laptop model IS considered an ultra portable?

    Thanks n advance!

    me6, Apr 23, 2004

  2. me6

    CL Guest

    Not sure if 600 M is ultra portable, BUT, I habve D600 -less than a year
    old I am selling a D600 - not even a year old - still under Dell Service

    D600 - 256MB Ram
    30 GB Disk
    CDRW
    Centrino - 1.4 GHZ

    let me know if interested

    CL, Apr 23, 2004

  3. I would think Dell considers the m300 has "ultra portable". However, the
    m600 is a very nice laptop and considerably lighter then the 1150 or 5150.

    This page should give you the info you are looking for:
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/inspn?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

    Personally I'd go for the m600 over the m300 or the 1150 5150. It offers
    plenty of power in a formfactor that is not too heavy but has a screen size
    and other features that I'd want in a laptop.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Apr 23, 2004
  4. the dell ultra portables are the latitude x300 and dimension 300m. these
    are the same machine with different color trim (x300 all silver, 300m has
    blue accents). they are small and light and can be taken off their media
    base which has the cd and connectors for other external devices for when you
    want to travel light. but these have 12.1" screens vs. the 14.1: screen of
    the dimension 600m which means they are smaller and so weigh about a pound
    less...

    Christopher Muto, Apr 23, 2004
  5. me6

    me6 Guest

    Not sure if 600 M is ultra portable, BUT, I habve D600 -less than a year
    Email me at

    john63401 at fast mail dot fm

    and let me know the price

    will discuss it further via email

    me6, Apr 24, 2004
  6. me6

    me6 Guest

    Personally I'd go for the m600 over the m300 or the 1150 5150. It offers
    OK... point taken.

    I don't know anything abt the m300 spec wise.... but will read up on
    it tho.

    Are you saying that the m300 might be a bit too small for your liking?

    Is the 300m quite a bit smaller form factor than the 600m?

    me6, Apr 24, 2004
  7. me6

    me6 Guest

    but these have 12.1" screens vs. the 14.1: screen of
    OK

    Do you feel the smaller 12.1" screen size of the 300m to be TOO small
    for your liking?

    Would you go for the 600m over the 300m? Given you want something you
    can travel with?

    me6, Apr 24, 2004
  8. me6

    CL Guest

    Please e-mail [email protected]

    CL, Apr 24, 2004
  9. me6

    CL Guest

    your e-mail bounced = if interested - e-mail

    CL, Apr 24, 2004
  10. me6

    me6 Guest

    your e-mail bounced = if interested - e-mail

    Done

    me6, Apr 25, 2004
  11. the inspiron 300m (aka latitude x300) is a super light machine that one can
    easily commute with and take anywhere without hesitation. the inspiron 600m
    is bigger and a pound heavier, but has the cd built into it... though
    plenty of people would not have a problem traveling with it daily, it is by
    no means an ultra portable which you were originally asking about. you
    have to decide what you want, large screen or ultra portable... both are
    good machines that serve different needs.

    Christopher Muto, Apr 28, 2004