Is Directx 9 buggy

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Dr Richard Cranium, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. ** No Fate **

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    WindowsXp pro dx9b hasn't effected any of my game play. (as you can see from my vast
    quantity of links) I haven't tried simcity4 yet, or ghost recon, however; GTAIII vice,
    midnight club 2, Microsoft FS2004 , all work great. My only issue is the Nvidia Dawn
    demo. The sparklies over at MIT haven't upgreaded their openGL patch that allows Dawn to
    run perfectly with an ATI 9800pro and DX9.0B. When i upgraded to dx9b from dx9a The dawn
    demo went to looking like cah cah.

    I DO have a HP Media Center 873n and uh - i have not upgraded to dx 9.0b. nuff said
    there, with all the problems you read about - i am sticking to 9.0a. I am glad you bring
    it up this question to such a wide audience - you seem to have captured much of the
    problem spectrum. I thought Microsoft had tabled the dx9b issue, indicating it is not
    their problem to release working software to the gruby little under-masses that only
    function in life just to consume. OF course - it sure looks like you are one big time
    cross posted spam bunny.

    ** in closing - i'd just like to say, BEN you son of a maggot dog ! we'll get you !!

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html

    No pixel blur patch for original Sims, LL, HP, Hot date, Vacation, Deluxe, Unleashed
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

    ** these next two 'hot fixes' from Deirdre Nox
    ** Deluxe and Unleashed addons: puts the 'female' walk back ! --
    ** { No Deluxe addition } Unleashed addition only! put the 'female' walk back ! --
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#tova

    See what happens when the Grim Reaper arrives at Old Town on the Trolley !
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#savak
    Baz attempts to save Erica Raggs from the Grim Reaper !
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/bullride/begformercy.html

    NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
    NFS3:NFS4
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
    NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
    -=-=-

    : I'm wondering if I should install
    : it to take advantage of ATI
    : multimedia center. It's an XP
    : installation on a P4. MSI PE865
    : neo 2 mainboard. Media Studio
    : Pro says the theater mode on the
    : ATI card is cool but there isn't
    : much feedback on the problems
    : with DirectX 9.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    :

    Dr Richard Cranium, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Dr Richard Cranium

    Not so quick Guest

    Not so quick, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Dr Richard Cranium

    Not so quick Guest

    Dude, I'm an old man and don't understand
    half of what you said, but I did get to not
    do 9.0b, thanks.

    Not so quick, Aug 16, 2003
  4. DX 9 is pretty much bug free for mainstream use.

    The Sunny Side, Aug 16, 2003
  5. Please the posts in Ati's newsgroup - there have been many people with Ati's
    AIW cards and the MMC software who after updating to DX9.0b no longer have
    working TV capture cards on their PC.

    (There have been reports that WinDVR still works thou?)

    It also effects the TV Wonders'

    BUT THIS PROBLEM IS PAL ONLY - GODDAM M$ THEY SHOULD OF TESTED DX9b IN
    EUROPE BEFORE PUSHING IN ONTO US.

    Alan Shepherd, Aug 17, 2003
  6. Dr Richard Cranium

    steve Guest

    this problem is NOT PAL only...i have NTSC and hae the issue as well....so
    quite your whining you britt bastard, its bad enough you cant win a war
    without our help... :)

    steve, Aug 17, 2003
  7. Dr Richard Cranium

    steve Guest

    Just joking.....i was just using the stereotype....like you all have bad
    teeth....oh wait...thats true........ lol

    steve, Aug 17, 2003
  8. Dr Richard Cranium

    John Hall Guest

    I can see now why Americans are so universally loved.

    JK

    John Hall, Aug 17, 2003
  9. Hi John,

    I would not take his/her answer too seriously. Having spent a lot of
    time in the USA I can tell you that his response is far from typical. I
    suspect he comes from the same brood as the one who calls himself RAKE. I
    wonder what the American public would think of a student apparently at UCLA
    whose opening comment is terminated with the word "IDIOT" It will be
    interesting, when I go back to UCLA later this year, I will endeavour to
    seek out RAKE and have a further conversation with him, he is in for a bit
    of a shock!

    All the best

    Just a nutter, Aug 18, 2003