Is Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard OK for my setup?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by ANTant, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to know if this motherboard will work with this
    configuration list (stuff I am about to get) and old parts (e.g., TV
    tuner PCI cards, SB Audigy 2 ZS, IDE drives [DVD-ROM and CD burner, and
    2 HDDs] from my current primary/gaming computer setup (see
    http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/computers.txt ). I am going
    to replace the old Quantum 15 GB IDE HDD with a new Seagate 320 GB SATA
    HDD.

    Here are the new parts:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 (AM2) 3800+ CPU
    Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard
    EVGA's NVIDIA GeForce PCIe 7900 GS (256 MB) Video Card
    2 GB of RAM (Kingston/Micron/Corsair Value Select DDR2-667)
    Seagate 320 GB SATA HDD (3 Gb/sec; 7200rpm)

    Any known issues, problems, etc. that I might run into? Thank you in
    advance. :)
    --
    "Thanks for giving me the courage to eat all those ants." --unknown
    /\___/\
    ( )

    ANTant, Dec 17, 2006

  2. ANTant

    Strutter1982 Guest

    Here are the new parts:
    Hi, I have had my current system that runs this board for a few months now
    and have had no motherboard related issues.

    I currently run Athlon 3000+, 256Mb 7300GS, 1Gb (2x512Mb) Hyundai DDR2-533
    with a SATA2 250Gb HD.

    I have used this board in another system, running a Dual Core 4600+ with 2Gb
    Corsair Value Select 667, and a gigabyte 512Mb 7600GS video card and had
    great performace for the price.

    This board also seems to overclock easily without any hassles, as i run my
    Sempron 3000+ (1.6Ghz) at 1.95Ghz without raising voltage or dropping
    multiplier.

    Great all round board to upgrade to, from an old system.

    Very easy to use.

    Strutt

    Strutter1982, Dec 27, 2006